lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

memorable childhood event

My date of birth is December 27th of 1994. I remember I was the luckiest girl in the world because I was the first grandchild in my mom’s side of the family and the first child of my dad, the youngest of his siblings. Even though I was having a great life because both sides of my family where crazy about me, there was something missing to complete my happiness.  I remember that my biggest dream was for my parents to have another child because I was their only daughter until I was like 6 years old. I spent my entire childhood asking for a little brother or a little sister. So the they I’ve expected for my whole life finally came, my mom told me that she might me pregnant and as far as I can remember that’s been the best day of my life. I don’t have the exact words to explain you the emotion I felt when my mom told me the news.
The most beautiful baby in the entire world was born on May 4th of 2001, my little brother Rodrigo, I fell in love with him since the first time I saw him. Since he was born I can say I believe in love at first sight. It’s hard to believe how that tiny baby could drastically change my life, for good, of course.
Rodrigo is  the person I love the most in the world, even though I am almost seven years older than him, he is like my best friend. He trusts me enough to tell me who’s the girl he likes and thing like that, and I really hope our relationship to stay this strong forever.
I wasn’t done enjoying my little brother yet, when tragedy almost took him away from me. He was almost 18 months old when he began presenting symptoms of a virus. My parents took him to the doctor and he told them that effectively my brother was sick; he got this virus that was going around in the environment. The doctor said my brother’s sickness should be controlled with a medicine he gave them, and so it was. He stopped presenting the symptoms of this disease but on Christmas Eve he began getting really sick, my parents were so scared that they took him to the hospital. I was 6 years old, about to turn 7 so I was not old enough for being able to be at a hospital. My parents left me for some days at my aunt’s house I really liked her and my cousin is almost the same age I am so we were like sisters. Actually I was excited for staying at their house because I always had a great time with them. I didn’t understand what was happening to my little angel at that time. The doctor told my parents that they took him just on time to the hospital, because he could’ve died!!!
After a few days of staying at my aunt’s house I start getting a  little bored and I wanted to see my parents since I haven’t seen them in almost to entire days, and my birthday was getting closer and closer. I bet you all remember how we all used to feel when our birthday was about to come because we wanted gifts, and cake, and a big celebration with our families. Well, that’s exactly what I was expecting; I didn’t quite understand how serious my brother’s disease was.
My birthday finally arrived, and I only saw my parents for about an hour, I felt very sad because even though, my aunt bought me gifts and made me cake I wasn’t the same without my parents and brother. I couldn’t believe that waited so long for my birthday because it was going to be the first year I had a little brother. But it turned to be the worst birthday ever, not only my brother wasn’t with me but also my parents didn’t spend the day with me either. After about a week after my birthday my brother recovered and we were all together at home again. But I will never forget that was the worst birthday of my life.
Now, I realize how important it was for my parents to be with my brother at the hospital, and I am actually glad they did, because he is a small piece of heaven that God sent to my family and I know my life would be so different without him.  I love him and I wouldn’t change him for anything in the world, he is the best part of my life. I am thankful to God for choosing me to be his sister; I love him with all my heart.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario